SPDX identifier question for vboxvideo

Fabio Rafael da Rosa fdr at pid42.net
Fri Jun 1 15:51:45 EDT 2018

Hi all,

I was preparing patch to fix the use of load/unload drm_driver hooks and
use drm_dev_alloc and drm_register. When I was preparing the patch, I
run checkpath and got a warning regarding SPDX tag identifier for the
files. As this is the first patch I try to send, I though it would be a
good idea to send a patch to fix this warning first, as this is a
simpler one, and I could check all my setup with it. But, when I read
the license for these files, I see that MODULE_LICENSE defines 'GPL and
additional rights'...
As the GPL version is not specified, which one is the default ? GPL2+ ?
And, in the case of 'additional rights'... while reading the top of the
file, it more like a permissive license, but, it is not clear if it
would be MIT or BSD ...
I know that several other files probably have the same problem with
licenses.. So, how are you proceeding ?
Regards
--
Fabio Rafael da Rosa