Need Suggestions

Richard Siegfried richard_siegfried at systemli.org
Tue Jul 17 20:35:09 EDT 2018

On 14/07/18 18:04, Athul Joy wrote:
> Dear friends, I am new to the Linux kernel development.
> Can anyone help me how to start my journey in order to build my own kernel?

For me the debian kernel handbook was a great help especially chapter 4
and section 4.6.
(https://kernel-team.pages.debian.net/kernel-handbook/ch-common-tasks.html#s-kernel-org-package)

There also is a book from greg kroah hartmann about building your own
kernel that has a good reputation.

And I would recommend to start conservative, which means don't try out
too many new/changed kernel options at once. Start with "make oldconfig"
or even "make oldconfig". (If you don't know these two start with "make
help"). You can always read about new kernel options and features inside
the "make menuconfig" application with pressing "?"

Thanks,
-- Richard