Documentation bug in kernelnewbies.org/StartKernelHacking

Christopher Díaz Riveros chrisadr at gentoo.org
Wed Jan 24 21:40:30 EST 2018

Hi, I was reading the StartKernelHacking section from kernelnewbies.org
site and found that the command:

scripts/checkpatch.pl --terse --show-types --strict path/to/source/file

needs to add the --file option before path/to..., if not, checkpatch.pl
will complain about the non-diff format.

scripts/checkpatch.pl --terse --show-types --strict --file
path/to/source/file

I tried to apply the change by myself, but obviously I had no
permissions to do so.

Hope it helps and thank you for maintaining the website,
--
Christopher Díaz Riveros
Gentoo Linux Developer