[tools/perf] perf test LLVM failure on 4.9

Pintu Kumar pintu.ping at gmail.com
Tue Jan 23 07:37:25 EST 2018

Hi All,

I am verifying all perf tests on Ubuntu-16 x86-64 platform using the
kernel version 4.9.20.
I have installed several others packages including: clang, llvm

But, when I run 'perf test' I get some FAILURE.
Specially, 'perf test LLVM' is failing.

Please check the below error logs:

# perf test LLVM
35: Test LLVM searching and compiling                        :
35.1: Basic BPF llvm compiling test                          : FAILED!
35.2: Test kbuild searching                                  : Skip
35.3: Compile source for BPF prologue generation test        : Skip
35.4: Compile source for BPF relocation test                 : Skip

When I run with -v I get this:

# perf test -v LLVM