Efficient management of emails

Greg KH greg at kroah.com
Mon Jan 15 08:49:46 EST 2018

On Mon, Jan 15, 2018 at 06:04:54PM +0530, Shyam Saini wrote:
> Hi Everyone,
>
> I have subscribed multiple mailing lists.
>
> My question is  how do kernel developers and other users manage their
> emails on daily basis
> considering the fact that we receive hundreds of mails everyday.
>
> One way is to tag each mails with their name for example "NetDev".
>
> I'm curious is their any other way?

There's a zillion other ways, it all depends on your workflow, your
tools, what you want to do with the emails and what you expect to do
with them after you have read them.

So find the workflow that works best for you, the one that works best
for me, probably doesn't work for anyone else :)

Also, please use a good email client, any web-based one will usually not
work at all for any decently active mailing list.

good luck!

greg k-h