I'd like to contribute but I don't know how...

Alex Arvelaez ealejandro at outlook.com
Wed Feb 21 21:33:08 EST 2018

Hello,

I'd like to contribute to the linux kernel eventually but I'm not sure
how, I grabbed a copy of the source code and I found a FIXME that looks
like I could fix:

/* File: /usr/src/linux/tools/perf/util/string.c
 * FIXME: replace this with an expression using log10() when we
 * find a suitable implementation, maybe the one in the dvb drivers...
 */

I found the implementation they mention, is it okay to just copy paste
it into the file? I'm not sure where else to ask this kind of question...

Regards,

Alex