Understanding memory fragmentation in Linux kernel

Amit Agarwal amit at amit-agarwal.co.in
Mon Dec 31 02:14:27 EST 2018

On Sun, 2018-12-30 at 22:54 -0800, Manish Katiyar wrote:

> Maybe you can try
>
> echo m > /proc/sysrq-trigger
I will check this and see if this can provide something useful for me.
Did not know about this.

> Or looking at /proc/buddyinfo
I looked at buddyinfo and hence asked for more documentation on that.
Does the pages that buddyinfo list under any "order at" are contigeous
or are they located somewhere in memory? For ex: If buddyinfo shows 2
pages for 0th order, does it mean that there are 2 contigeous pages of
2M each?

--
Thanks,
-aka