[RFC] LKML Archive in Maildir Format

Joey Pabalinas joeypabalinas at gmail.com
Sun Dec 16 14:21:35 EST 2018

On Sun, Dec 16, 2018 at 11:17:34AM -0800, Joe Perches wrote:
> On Sun, 2018-12-16 at 09:06 -1000, Joey Pabalinas wrote:
> > I spent a lot of time trying to find an LKML archive in Maildir format
> > that I could use for local searches with nutmuch or something, but all
> > the links I was able to find were all dead.
>
> You might instead use
>
> https://www.kernel.org/lore.html
> https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/public-inbox/vger.kernel.org/git.git/

That was my first attempt, but the ducumentation for the public-inbox
format is sort of terrible, and after a few hours trying to convert it
to Maildir I just gave up.

I ended up just slowly scraping lkml.org for a couple weeks so I
wouldn't disrupt anything and it worked fairly well. Just looking for
advice on where to host this now so others might be able to use it.

--
Cheers,
Joey Pabalinas