Merge Window closed, submitting patches?

John Whitmore arigead at gmail.com
Sun Aug 26 10:36:48 EDT 2018

Recently got into the habit of making very simple coding style changes in
staging. It's basic, but it is a gentle introduction to the process involved
in submitting patches to the kernel.

So the merge window is now closed and I have submitted a few patch sets, the
first not knowing that the window was closed, and the second wrongly thinking
that the window had reopened.

My question is about what to do during the closed window? I don't think I
should submit patches as I assume I'll create a backlog for the maintainer
who'll possibly be flooded when the window re-opens. Similarly I could create
patches but not send them until the window re-opens, but again I'll just be
creating a backlog.

So I guess I should just be patient and find something else to do for a while,
but thought I'd ask. I have tried to find the answer to this but haven't found
one.

jwhitmore