USB keyboard can NOT wakeup from S3( suspend to RAM )

Martin Kepplinger martink at posteo.de
Tue Sep 5 02:32:37 EDT 2017

Am 31.08.2017 01:06 schrieb jingyun at cpu-os.ac.cn:
> Hi, Andrey
>
> Q:
> Do you mean that wakeup by keyboard doesn't work only if PC was
> suspended by pressing special suspend key on your keyboard?
>
> Answer:
> No.
> Wakeup by keyboard doesn't work only if I pressing the keyboard (fast
> enough) during the suspend.
> It has nothing to do with suspending method.
>
> Q:
> And if it was suspended by from operating system or by pressing button
> on case wakeup by keyboard does work?
>
> Answer:
> The problem has nothing to do with suspending method.
> Whatever the suspending method is( from desktop or echo mem >
> /sys/power/stat ), if I do NOT hit the keyboard during the suspend,
> then
> wakeup by keyboard does work.
> But if I hit the keyboard fast enough during the suspend, then after
> the suspend the keyboard seems dead.
> And wakeup by keyboard does NOT work any more.
>
> Thanks for your time.
>
> Jim
>
> -------------------------
>
>> FROM: Andrey Skvortsov
>> DATE: 2017-08-30 15:45
>> TO: jingyun at cpu-os.ac.cn
>> CC: kernelnewbies
>> SUBJECT: Re: USB keyboard can NOT wakeup from S3( suspend to RAM )
>>
>> On 17-08-16 18:03, jingyun at cpu-os.ac.cn wrote:
>>> hi, there
>>>
>>> thx in advance;
>>>
>>> I encounter a strange (maybe) bug:
>>> During the suspending of my linux box(which runs debian 9), I hit
>> the key of the USB interfaced keyboard;
>>> after making sure the box enter suspend state for a while ( which
>> I can tell from the power LED blinks),
>>> I can NOT wakeup it by hit that keyboard any more.
>>> But if I do NOT hit the key during the suspending, I CAN wake it
>> up by hitting the keyboard.
>>
>> Do you mean that wakeup by keyboard doesn't work only if PC was
>> suspended by pressing special suspend key on your keyboard?
>> And if it was suspended by from operating system or by pressing
>> button
>> on case wakeup by keyboard does work?
>>
>>> After that I tried Ubuntu 16.04(runs 4.4 version kernel ) and
>> Ubuntu 14.04 ( 3.13 kernel).
>>> And I found all of them got the same problem;
>>>
>>> Do not know if this is the right place to ask. Just a try.
>>>
>>> Thanks again.

Sounds like a bug. Doesn't *have* to be in the kernel though. At least
it sounds like
pressing buttons "during" suspending resets a state to resumed before it
actually
suspended - preventing to resume...

Is it an ordanary usb keyboard? Could you append the output of lsmod,
the modules
you are using and lsusb?