Is there a to prevent a file descriptor being closed

ayaka ayaka at soulik.info
Thu Nov 16 16:22:51 EST 2017

Hello

   I am writing a driver to operation with the dma-buf, a problem I meet
is that a dma-buf maybe closed by the other driver or userspace
application, then the same number of the file descriptor will be
assigned with the other thing, its private data is different. I watch
what the drm system do. The drm system doesn't use the file descriptor
but the its private data (from dma_buf_get()) to check whether it is the
same buffer.

   Is there a reference in the file descriptor? And is there a way  to
increase the reference to a file descriptor.

   I have designed a way to track the usage of the dma-buf of my driver,
there is not a problem for the driver to release them. But I just want
the new dma-buf is assigned with new file descriptor number, not re-use
the closed one.

   Thank you.