sleep

Max Filippov jcmvbkbc at gmail.com
Tue Nov 14 15:53:34 EST 2017

On Tue, Nov 14, 2017 at 8:52 AM, Bruno E. O. Meneguele
<bmeneguele at gmail.com> wrote:
> What
> confused me for sometime was the 'atomic' vs 'interrupt' naming, but
> after reading Robert's book it cames to the fact that they're the same.

Not exactly the same. Atomic means you're protected from some sort of
interruption: e.g. you raise preemption counter and you're protected from
scheduling, but you still may be interrupted, or you disable interrupts and
you're protected from scheduling and interrupts, but there still may be an
NMI.

--
Thanks.
-- Max