Question regarding RT patches for ARM

Fawad Lateef fawadlateef at gmail.com
Wed May 17 09:40:10 EDT 2017

Hi,

On 15 May 2017 at 16:20, Fawad Lateef <fawadlateef at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Eric,
>

> On 15 May 2017 at 16:12, Eric Nelson <eric at nelint.com> wrote:
>> Hi Fawad,
>>
>>> 发自网易邮箱大师
>>> On 05/15/2017 20:44, Fawad Lateef wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi All,
>>>
>>> I am working on custom i.MX6 quad hardware and using RT patches for
>>> almost latest stable kernel 4.9 and facing some weird system stall OR
>>> 'unhandled page fault - exceptions'.
>>>

>> I'm not sure about the unhandled page fault, but the stalls may be
>> because of the SDMA driver.
>>
>> See this patch in the Freescale/NXP community for kernel 4.1:
>> https://github.com/Freescale/meta-freescale/blob/master/recipes-kernel/linux/linux-fslc-imx-rt/0003-Work-around-CPU-stalls-in-the-imx-sdma-driver.patch
>>

> Thanks for the patch link. I will give it a try.

Talked to hardware manufacturer and they applied the patch.

Still that SDMA is only used for NOR flash and only u-boot and its
environment are stored in nor flash. So not sure if that is going to
help in any case.

So I would really like few more suggestions OR confirmations about ARM
(cortex-A9 based imx6) (preemept)-RT support/patches are stable and
can be used for final products.

Thanks