Problem in loading module of Software trigger

Daniel Baluta daniel.baluta at gmail.com
Mon Mar 27 03:38:17 EDT 2017

Hi,

On Sun, Mar 26, 2017 at 9:51 PM, SIMRAN SINGHAL
<singhalsimran0 at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sun, Mar 26, 2017 at 1:47 PM, Jonathan Cameron
> <jic23 at jic23.retrosnub.co.uk> wrote:
>> Insmod will not pick up dependencies in the same way modprobe will.
>>
>> Make sure to also insmod industrialio.ko and iio-sw-trigger.ko before the sw trigger module. I
>>  think those are the only ones you will need.
>
> Thanks
>
> modprobe works for me as it's depended on industrialio-sw-trigger.ko
>
> But now I am facing one more probem with iio_generic_buffer in tools/iio
>
> I am trying to execute iio_generic_buffer:
> as given I can use -N <num>  -t <trigger_name>
>
> I create trigger with name trig-sample present in
> /config/iio/triggers/trig-sample.

How did you create the trigger here?

The trigger must be created according to its type. So far
we have only hrtimer trigger type, so creating a trigger
implies creating a directory in:

/config/iio/triggers/hrtimer

See:

http://lxr.free-electrons.com/source/Documentation/iio/iio_configfs.txt#L83

> $./iio_generic_buffer -N iio_dummy_part_no
> iio device number being used is 0
> Failed to find the trigger my_dummy_device-trigger
>
> Its giving me ^ this error:
>
> What wrong I am doing?
>
> I have loaded all the modules including iio_dummy_evgen, iio_dummy.
>
> How I will be pass trig-sample as an argument to it?
> and one more question how can I find Trigger-number of a trigger.
>
> I am facing same problem with iio_event_monitor:-
>
> $ ./iio_event_monitor /sys/bus/iio/devices/iio_evgen/poke_ev0

Here you should use the device node. It is usually /dev/iio:device0.

If there is not already created by a daemon there, create it using

mknod /dev/iio:device0 c major minor.

The major and minor can be found in /sys/bus/iio/devices/iio:device0/dev file/

> getting following error:-
> Failed to retrieve event fd
>
> Same with all other events.
>
> This is working fine for me:
> echo 1 > /sys/bus/iio/devices/iio_evgen/poke_ev0

thanks,
Daniel.