How to report bugs for release candidates?

Greg KH greg at kroah.com
Sun Mar 26 04:15:17 EDT 2017

On Sat, Mar 25, 2017 at 11:16:56AM +0100, Martin Kletzander wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> I was usually using Bugzilla when I wanted to report something, but what
> if, for example, I can't boot 4.11-rc3?  Is bugzilla fast enough for
> such type of regressions?

Yes, but it's even better if you just use email, sending the crash
information to the developers, and mailing list, where the issue is.
You can use scripts/get_maintainer.pl to find who to send stuff to.

Also, if you can use 'git bisect' to figure out what patch causes the
problem, that's even better.  Then you can email the people who wrote
and approved the patch, and the subsystem mailing list.

thanks,

greg k-h