cannot insmod sculld in ldd3

Aruna Hewapathirane aruna.hewapathirane at gmail.com
Mon Mar 13 09:44:23 EDT 2017

<snip>
>> Now I wonder what is the proper way to export "Module.symvers"
>> information to the outside so that modules that use it do not have to
>> copy that file into their directory.

If you use a top-level Makefile like the one below it will create the
necessary Module.symvers file.
I am not sure if this is the correct or recommended way,  I had kernel
modules in separate directories a long
while back when I was learning+testing and this worked for me.

obj-m := lddbus/ sculld/

KERNELDIR ?= /lib/modules/$(shell uname -r)/build
PWD       := $(shell pwd)

all:
    $(MAKE) -C $(KERNELDIR) M=$(PWD) modules

clean:
    $(MAKE) -C $(KERNELDIR) M=$(PWD) clean

Hope this helps - Aruna