minimum commit id length when fixing a patch

Igor Pylypiv igor.pylypiv at gmail.com
Tue Jun 6 17:03:28 EDT 2017

If your patch fixes a bug in a specific commit, e.g. you found an
issue using git bisect,
please use the ‘Fixes:’ tag with the first 12 characters of the SHA-1
ID, and the one line summary.
For example:

Fixes: e21d2170f366 ("video: remove unnecessary platform_set_drvdata()")

Quote from: https://www.kernel.org/doc/html/latest/process/submitting-patches.html#describe-your-changes

Example from github:
https://github.com/torvalds/linux/commit/5f348fa35a28b19cf7ee1eaa420757341a724c86