How to use V4L2 dmafd with sendfile?

valdis.kletnieks at vt.edu valdis.kletnieks at vt.edu
Tue Jun 6 12:51:34 EDT 2017

On Tue, 06 Jun 2017 15:02:45 +0200, "Frank Smith" said:

> I want to use sendfile to send my images really fast over the network.

Step 0:  Define "really fast".  (I work with boxes that have LACP bonds of
2x40gbit ethernet interfaces - your v4l2 device is probably the slow link at
that point, and sendfile won't matter).

Step 1: Look at the performance of your v4l2 device and your network
device, and determine whether sendfile is likely to resolve any actual
bottleneck you're seeing.

(Yes, as usual - before expending a lot of effort trying to make something
work, spend a little time making sure you're solving the right problem)