Query regarding kernel modules intercepting system call.

Greg KH greg at kroah.com
Sat Jul 8 12:04:53 EDT 2017

On Sat, Jul 08, 2017 at 09:08:40PM +0530, Ajinkya Surnis wrote:
> The purpose of assignment is to check the authenticity of the user executing
> the system call, and prevent certain users from executing, kind of like certain
> security programs (although I don't exactly know how they work).

Then that's a totally different thing.

Don't hook a syscall for this at all.

There is a better way, and a correct one, but as this is a homework
assignment, and I'm not the one getting credit for the assignment, I'm
not going to spell it out how to do it, sorry.  Otherwise you would get
in trouble.

Actually, are you sure you are allowed to ask for help for your
assignment from others in the first place?  Most schools have rules
about stuff like this...

greg k-h