Build error

Amit Kumar free.amit.kumar at gmail.com
Sun Jan 29 03:02:20 EST 2017

On Thu, Jan 26, 2017 at 12:31 PM Greg KH <greg at kroah.com> wrote:

> On Thu, Jan 26, 2017 at 11:08:48AM +0530, Amit Kumar wrote:
> > Hi,
> > For last several days when I build arm64/defconfig even against
> > next-20170125, I
> > get the following error.
> > arch/arm64/crypto/crc32-arm64.c:1:0: error: unknown feature modifier
> > ‘crc’
> >  /*
> >   ^
> > make[1]: *** [arch/arm64/crypto/crc32-arm64.o] Error 1
> > make: *** [arch/arm64/crypto] Error 2
>
> Have you tried asking on the linux arm mailing list?

Thank you for your reply.
I'm a newbie and not competent enough to sort out this problem, so I have
sent mail to kernelnewbies to bring this issue to the Linux Kernel
Community. I think that mailing list is more suitable if I were able create
a patch. I am learning kernel development and very soon I'll start
contributing to Linux Kernel.