adding 32 bit compatibility layer in custom kernel module

Pradeepa Kumar cdpradeepa at gmail.com
Tue Jan 3 23:04:58 EST 2017

Hi experts

down votefavorite
<http://stackoverflow.com/questions/41455943/adding-32-bit-compatibility-layer-in-custom-kernel-module#>

in my 64 bit kernel, I have a custom kernel module providing new protocol
and providing socket system calls.

it works fine when 64 bit app runs.

i am seeing issues when 32 bit app runs (for exp recvmsg() call does not
work if msg has cmsghdrs as struct size of cmsghdr is different in 32 bit
and 64 bit).

This is because my custom kernel module does not have 32 bit compatibility
layer ( but linux kernel has this in compat.c etc).

   -

   is it simple to add compatibility layer to my custom kernel module
   -

   how do i do this (any links ?)

Thanks