[MMC_SPI] CMD 18 error -84 transferring data

Amit Mahadik amitmahadik35 at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 2 05:03:14 EST 2017

Hello,
I am using ARM (CortexA9)development board which has SPI controller running at 5MHz. I want to interface MMC card on SPI bus. I have made changes to my board.c file to include the mmc_spi driver and mentioned the Chip select, mode (MODE 0) and frequency of operation (started with 40kHz tried with 25MHz as well). The initial card detection goes well. However, there are CRC errors when the block layer tries to read the partition table. This issue is reproducible.

I have attached log for reference. The card gets detected on Linux/Windows PC. The card is formatted with DOS partition (vfat single partition).

Linux kernel version Used : 4.4.16

Please help me regarding this issue.

Regards,
Amit.