query regarding the bp24257 battery charger driver

Dushara Jayasinghe dushara at successful.com.au
Tue Feb 28 22:59:16 EST 2017

Hi all,

I posted the following question to the linux-pm mailing list without
a response (I suspect I might possibly have been adding noise to the
ML with an off topic question). I hope, someone might be able to shed
some light..

I'm working a on a embedded device with the 4.4 branch of the kernel.

One of the devices on the board is a BQ24250 charger which is supported
by the BQ24257 driver. One thing I've noticed is that the device has a
charge enable pin which is not supported by the driver. I'm wondering if
this is so because:

  1. The original author didn't need to control this line
  2. Charge enable functionality doesn't belong in this driver
  3. Some other reason

Could someone let me know please?

Thanks

Dushara