Send/receive ATA cmds from a linux kernel module

Greg KH greg at kroah.com
Thu Feb 2 12:35:23 EST 2017

On Thu, Feb 02, 2017 at 11:27:26AM -0600, Siddhartha Baral wrote:
> I think it needs a much bigger change i.e need to move the framework to kernel
> space to control this from user space.

I don't understand, what framework do you have to move?  Userspace can
read the temperature and then do whatever it wants to do (i.e. send
commands to your cooling system).

> In short, I need to get this done in kernel as I want this module to fit in the
> current framework. Please suggest if you have any implementation specific idea
> for this.

Do you have a pointer to your code somewhere that we can see what you
are doing and have tried that did not work out?

thanks,

greg k-h