Which repository to clone ?

Amit Kumar free.amit.kumar at gmail.com
Wed Feb 1 22:29:39 EST 2017

On Thu, Feb 02, 2017 at 05:35:27AM +0530, srishti sharma wrote:
> Also my compiler is saying things like , cyclomatic complexity
> followed by (i think) the parts it is compiling like driver names .
> Also it has been two hours since it started compiling and it isn't
> done yet . Is it because I ran $make instead $make -jx ? It was by
> mistake .
My advice is that
1) Clone your repo using the link that I have sent to you.
2) You have said that you are an absolute beginner, so create your topic
branch from upstream kernel master branch.
3)Last but not least, please read Linux Kernel In Nutshell(LKN)

If you want to complile for arm, an example,
ARCH=arm CROSS_COMPILE=arm-linux-gnueabli- make distclean
ARCH=arm CROSS_COMPILE=arm-linux-gnueabli- make omap2plus_defconfig
ARCH=arm CROSS_COMPILE=arm-linux-gnueabli- make zImage dtbs

This zImage can be run on BeagleBone Black.