hrtimer_interrupt time sync issues across cores

Greg KH greg at kroah.com
Thu Dec 14 02:47:02 EST 2017

On Wed, Dec 13, 2017 at 11:01:57PM -0800, Rajasekaran Chandrasekaran wrote:
> Hi,
>

> In our multi-core x86 based system that is running 3.4.19 version of
> kernel, hrtimer_interrupt (called from apic_timer_interrupt) keeps looping
> in hardirq for atleast 1.6 seconds.  We use tsc as our clock source. The
> issue happens very rarely in our system and hard to reproduce.

Please note, 3.4.19 is _very_ old, almost 300 thousand kernel changes
have been done since then.  Also, your kernel is missing an untold
number of security fixes, making your systems totally insecure.

If you are stuck at this kernel version, please work with the company
that you are paying to support it, as they are the only ones that can do
this, not the community, sorry.  Also, you are paying for that support,
please use it!

best of luck!

greg k-h