Sending Patches using official Mail id

Greg KH greg at kroah.com
Thu Sep 29 17:48:43 EDT 2016

On Fri, Sep 30, 2016 at 12:32:16AM +0530, Raul Piper wrote:
> Hi,
> How can I send the patches to the kernel mainline  using official mail
> id using git-send?

What do you mean by "official mail id"?

> I am using microsoft exchange server and outlook as a client.What
> configuration i have to do on my linux or WIndows PC development
> machine.
> I have read about the IMAP configuration but not sure how to achieve
> it.Can someone please post the full details.
> Documentation/email-client.txt doesn't talk anything about the
> Microsoft Exchange server.

Because almost always, exchange will corrupt patches.

Send one to yourself to try first.

But if you can use exchange as an imap server, great, use git send-email
that way and see what happens (again, test on yourself first.)
Instructions for how to set that up can be found in the man pages and by
asking your mail admin for the imap details.

> Or using my gmail id would be the last resort?

That works well too.  Good luck!

greg k-h