insmod failing to insert a simple module

Quentin Lambert lambert.quentin at gmail.com
Thu Sep 29 08:07:25 EDT 2016

On 29/09/2016 14:01, Madhu K wrote:
> No it is not the requirement, when I downloaded the source
> "4.0.5-rc7+" was latest. Is there any problem with 4.0.5-rc7+?
What Greg is telling you is that for you to be able to insmod a module
you need to be running the same kernel version as the source code
against which you have compiled your module.

If you are running kernel 4.0.0, you won't be able to insmod your module
that has been compiled using the "4.0.5-rc7+" source code.

Quentin