RF class driver

Raul Piper raulpblooper at gmail.com
Wed Sep 21 05:39:09 EDT 2016

On Wed, Sep 21, 2016 at 1:13 PM, Greg KH <greg at kroah.com> wrote:

> A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.
> Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing?
> A: Top-posting.
>
> A: No.
> Q: Should I include quotations after my reply?
>

> http://daringfireball.net/2007/07/on_top
>
> On Tue, Sep 20, 2016 at 06:15:46PM +0530, Raul Piper wrote:
>> Tree,before that want to have a look at example RF drivers - Sub Ghz
>> Transcievers
>
> I can not understand what you are saying here, please explain further.
 I wanted to know in which class RF Transceivers - (Sub 1 -Ghz
devices) Linux drivers will fall and where to find them in Linux
kernel ,
 I grepped keywords like Ghz, Sub , and it leads me to the folder
drivers/net/wireless/* but I am not getting whether they refer to the
RF class of drivers or something else.Is there a framework for them or
all will come under Wireless device drivers or network device
drivers?What is the appropriate mailing list for the same?

Few example of such devices are -

Sub-1 GHz CC1120-CC1190 - From Texas Instruments

nRF905 - From Nordic Semiconductor

nRF9E5 - From Nordic Semiconductor

nRF24L01 - From Texas Instruments

Si4455  - From Silicon Labs
OL23xx  - From Nxp.

I am writing a device driver for the one of the new RF device and
wanted to refer few examples before that.
Rgds,
Rp