Status/Progress of CherryTrail / BayTrail support in mainline Linux kernel

Srinivas Pandruvada srinivas.pandruvada at linux.intel.com
Mon Sep 12 12:28:14 EDT 2016

On Sun, 2016-09-11 at 09:19 +0200, Greg KH wrote:
> On Mon, Sep 05, 2016 at 10:49:08AM +0200, Hanno Zulla wrote:
> >
> > Hi,
> >
> > sorry for asking a possibly obvious question, but:
> >
> > Why is support for Cherry Trail / Bay Trail so bad in the mainline
> > kernel? Is this being worked on? And where can one help or track
> > the
> > progress with improving this?
>
> Works for me! :)
Same here.
I also have three 2 BayTrail and one CherryTrail laptops, which I use
latest upstream kernel to test before sending change.

> > Recently, I bought a Win10 netbook to install Linux on. It's a
> > beautiful small device with a fanless Z3735F CPU. Just right for my
> > kids as their first own computer.
> >
> > After using Intel hardware since several years without a hitch, it
> > was
> > surprising to find this not being fully supported by current 2016
> > Linux
> > distributions.
I always use latest kernel. The problem is third party devices like
WiFi, touchpad etc.
As GKH suggested enter bugs, if the problem is in Intel SoC, we always
address.

Thanks,
Srinivas