Extend device driver?

Pol Eyschen poleyschen at gmail.com
Sat Sep 10 10:41:34 EDT 2016

Hi everyone,

I want to implement some custom functions of my mouse (Madcatz RAT5) in
Linux, e.g custom DPI-values. As this requires writing over USB to the
firmware of the mouse I was thinking of writing a module to accomplish
this. However I don't want to reimplement a whole mouse-driver,so I
wanted to ask if there is a possibility of binding the device to 2
modules or having my module extend usbhid, so that my module would only
be used to perform these custom operations while usbhid stays in charge
of the whole "mouse business".

Thanks

Pol