Scheduling of interrupt

Er Krishna erkrishna at gmail.com
Tue Sep 6 21:12:22 EDT 2016

Hi All,

I am asking below question for understanding. Pls help me to understand
this:

1. How does APIC schedule interrupt  on particular core ? How does Apic
takes a decision that first few interrupt will be schedule on Core 0 and
remaining for load balancing will be schedule on different core ? What are
the advantage of scheduling interrupt always on core 0   w.r.t Cache hot
and all ?

2. Is it possible that incoming interrupt can be scheduled on particular
core rather than core 0 ? What is the configuration option  or api is
available for that inside kernel or in user space ?

Thanks,
Krishna