omap watchdog

Cor Peters cpeters at victronenergy.com
Thu Oct 27 04:14:54 EDT 2016

Hello everybody

I was looking into an issue with the omap-wdt.c. The  watchdog driver not is
reporting a different boot status when a reset is being triggered by the
watchdog.

>From what I gathered, the issue is that in the omap_wdt_probe function,
pdev->dev->platform_data requires to be a reference to the PRM module,
however it has not been set, and I was wondering how this should work in
an environment that uses the device tree method. (Link to usage:
http://lxr.free-electrons.com/source/drivers/watchdog/omap_wdt.c#L268 ).

My questions are as follows:
1) Is my assertion correct that the current method does not work when
   the driver is being initialised from an device tree instead of a old style
   board file.
2) If that is the case, what would be the best method of fixing this
   situation.

Thank you very much in advance.