What subsystem!?

Daniel. danielhilst at gmail.com
Tue Oct 25 08:33:47 EDT 2016

Hi everybody,

I've been studying linux for some time now. I still see my self as an
begginer, but that's not a bad thing. I struggling to decide what
subsystem to focus right know. I have three options and would like to
know what people think about, since listening (or reading) other
people aways help me to decide. My options are:

i. Memory
ii. Network
iii. Filesystems / Disk cache

Today I'm working on embedded market and have a crush on ARM
architecture. I have absolute no knowledge on (i), some fundations (in
userspace) on (ii) and nothing but mkfs experience on (iii). LoL.

The second question is: What are the (market) applications of these
expertise? I know that (ii) will be huge part ot IoT and IIoT. And the
(iii) can be used on database tunning for example. (i) seem just
f******* cool to me.

When I say (market) please, do not get me wrong. The jobs on kernel
are not popping out (especially on Brazil) like the Java & Big Data
ones, I still have to eat, but I'm not willing to move from my
passions(kernel-dev) for money.

Thanks in advance and regards to everybody!
--
"Do or do not. There is no try"
  Yoda Master