kernel loglevel

Wenda Ni wonda.ni at gmail.com
Mon Oct 17 19:17:32 EDT 2016

Dear all,

I am working on a kernel module that incorporate both pr_debug and
pr_warn. I would like to see pr_debug messages from dmesg.

What I followed is to specify kernel parameter by saying "loglevel=7".
This can be seen confirmed  from /proc/cmdline. But still, I donot get
pr_debug level messages either from dmesg or from /var/log/messages. I
also tried echo 7 > /proc/sys/kernel/printk. It does not return what I
expect, either.

Let me know what I am missing. Thank you very much in advance.

Cheers,

Wenda Ni, Ph.D.