porting linux to new arm board

Greg KH greg at kroah.com
Thu May 5 11:23:11 EDT 2016

On Thu, May 05, 2016 at 05:13:49PM +0200, Ahmed Soliman wrote:
> I want to port linux to new Ti tiva C TM4C123G
> it is 80MHZ 32-bit ARM cortex M4 board with FPU
> 256KB flash /32bit SRAM /2kb EEPROM

That is _very_ small for getting Linux to run on the board, odds are
it's impossible.  You will need a lot of experience in order to achieve
this, I recommend using a board with at least 4Mb of ram in order to get
things working at the least.

I suggest doing some basic research on what boards and sizes of systems
that people have gotten a M4 running Linux on first.

good luck!

greg k-h