add_disk() make my driver's initialisation, thus kernel stall.

张云 zyunone at 163.com
Mon Mar 21 04:18:26 EDT 2016

Maybe I had misunderstood your meaning.
You are meaning I have assign 0 to my device major number?
The major variable is reassigned by the kernel in blkplay_init function.

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/13518404/add-disk-hangs-on-insmod <http://stackoverflow.com/questions/13518404/add-disk-hangs-on-insmod>
This post solve the problem.

Now, I can compile it, insmod it. But it’s give me a permission error when I open the device.