Attach my own pid

Nitin Varyani varyani.nitin1 at gmail.com
Mon Mar 21 01:03:44 EDT 2016

I am reframing my question:
Sub-task 1: Until now, parent process cannot control the pid of the forked
child. A pid gets assigned as a sequential number by the kernel at the time
the process is forked . I want to modify kernel in such a way that parent
process can control the pid of the forked child.

Sub-task 2: On Linux, you can find the maximum PID value for your system
with the following command:

$ cat /proc/sys/kernel/pid_max

Suppose pid_max=2000 for a system. I want that the parent process should be
able to assign a pid which is greater that 2000 to the forked child.