Is there a way to force probe to be called (etherned driver) ?

Rami Rosen roszenrami at gmail.com
Sun Jul 24 10:44:57 EDT 2016

Hi, Ran,

Do you define the probe as a member is a platform_driver object ?
See for example,
http://lxr.free-electrons.com/source/drivers/net/ethernet/marvell/mvneta.c#L4219

In this case, maybe something is missing/wrong in
platform_device_register();

or do you use a platfom_driver object ?
http://lxr.free-electrons.com/source/include/linux/platform_device.h#L180

In this case, maybe something is missing/wrong in platform_driver_register().

Regards,
Rami Rosen
http://ramirose.wix.com/ramirosen

In case you do, probably something is missing in your
platform_device_register() method (which may be in arch/arm/plat-...)