gpio-led driver

Raul Piper raulpblooper at gmail.com
Fri Jul 22 06:10:22 EDT 2016

On Thu, Jul 21, 2016 at 12:10 PM, Jacek Anaszewski
<j.anaszewski at samsung.com> wrote:
> Hi Raul,
>
> On 07/20/2016 01:17 PM, Raul Piper wrote:
>>
>> Hi,
>> I wanted to know the part number for the leds-gpio.c in the
>> driver/leds folder and the device tree bindings for this driver .Can
>> some one point out to me where in Linux kernel it is?
>

> What do you mean by part number? This is generic driver for LEDs
> connected directly to a GPIO.

Understood,I thought there is some specific part number of the led
like all other led drivers in the same folder.

> You can find DT documentation for it in the following location:
>
> Documentation/devicetree/bindings/leds/leds-gpio.txt

 I tried compiling the sample dts file(leds-ns2.dts)  using the dtc compiler .

dtc -I dts -O dtb -o leds-ns2.dtb leds-ns2.dts

but I am getting this error :

DTC: dts->dtb  on file "leds-ns2.dts"
Error: leds-ns2.dts:1.1-2 syntax error
FATAL ERROR: Unable to parse input tree

Once it starts compiling fine I will modify it according to my
driver.Can I build the dtb and load it the way I load the kernel
driver.Do I have to do it before or after the insmod ?

Right now I dont want to build dts as well as driver as a whole kernel
and building it as a loadable module.
Thanks in advance

Rgds,
Rp