Interrutp from USB I/O Expander.

Daniel. danielhilst at gmail.com
Tue Jul 19 09:28:36 EDT 2016

Hi everybody.

I know that there are some GPIO lines that needs sleeping to get
actived/deactived, this is why we have the gpio_cansleep_*()
functions.

So, I'm planing using the Microchip MCP2210 which act as USB->SPI
bridge. The problem is that the SPI slave device has two extra lines,
one for IRQ and another for enabling the chip (CE). Since MCP2210 has
GPIOs too I was wondering about wiring IRQ and CE to some GPIO lines
and using it as general GPIO at host. My concern is if the IRQ line
through USB, if it would sleep, if would be possible to use it as
IRQ!?

The summarized setup is this

HOST -> usb bus -> MCP2210 <-- SPI bridge <- slave device spi lines
                                                           '- GPIO 0
   <- slave device IRQ line
                                                           '- GPIO 1
   <- slave device CE line