Capture packets at 10g interface

Greg KH greg at kroah.com
Thu Jan 28 14:31:25 EST 2016

On Fri, Jan 29, 2016 at 12:14:20AM +0530, Tarun Batra wrote:
> I want to do that because I have to write a packet inspection module sort of
> idps solution.

What is forcing you to do such a thing?  Is this for a homework
assignment, or are you trying to create a product?

> We are targeting kernel space because of performance.

How do you know that putting this in the kernel will be faster?  Do you
have measurements that show this?  Is doing this today somehow too slow
using the existing interfaces that allow you to do this?

thanks,

greg k-h