Developing environments used for kernel development

Geyslan G. Bem geyslan at gmail.com
Thu Jan 14 10:35:01 EST 2016

> I've tried using semantic mode but it gives me ""#<buffer jiffies.h> -
> Arithmetic error"*" all the time. I've also tried a ctags aproach, but it is
> quite slow on big projects, then I tried irony-mode which uses clang to
> parse sources.
Hmmm. I'm having this issue too using gtags.

> I never used autocompletion before but I'm having to deal with a code that
> came from a microcontroller and
> Have.Crasy.StrucsNamed.Like.This.With.ALot.Of.Useless.Members.Inside, so I
> got lines wrapping twice and lots of useless members, I never could remember
> the members names and the definition is less readable than the use so I
> really needed autocompletion to navigate
> that mess. Clang parsing seems fast to me, I've tried to avoid it but, well,
> it worked fine...

Nice. Could you share your .el? So the clang is used only for compile
warnings? If yes it may differ from gcc that is what kernel uses. Let
me know more. :-)

I'm using gtags following these recipes:
http://tuhdo.github.io/c-ide.html

--
Regards,

Geyslan G. Bem