Drivers in staging folder

Greg KH greg at kroah.com
Wed Jan 6 11:03:22 EST 2016

On Wed, Jan 06, 2016 at 11:07:47AM +0000, James Miller wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I've had a look at the TODO files but I'm having some difficulty with
> finding out which devices each of the drivers support. My plan was to
> find a driver in staging, get a device off ebay which uses the driver
> and then start working on the TODO.
>
> Is this the right approach and is the actual device (for testing)
> needed in order to do cleanups in TODO files?

It's a great start, but watch out for the wireless drivers in staging,
most of them will be impossible to clean up "properly" and are only
there to give people a working Linux machine until someone writes a new
driver "from scratch" as cleaning up the staging driver is an almost
impossible task (it's only ever been done once.)

good luck!

greg k-h