Is there a bug in dgnc.ko?

Navy Cheng navych at 126.com
Wed Feb 24 06:36:21 EST 2016

On Wed, Feb 24, 2016 at 12:37:40AM -0500, Valdis.Kletnieks at vt.edu wrote:
> On Wed, 24 Feb 2016 12:57:42 +0800, Navy Cheng said:
> > Hi,
> >
> > My kernel version is v4.4, and I have built drivers/staging/dgnc/dgnc.ko.
> > I change to *dir*/drivers/staging/dgnc and do like this:
> >
> >     sudo insmod ./dgnc.ko
>
> What output, if any, did this generate?

No output. I use *dmesg* to find more information:

[  572.915977] dgnc: module is from the staging directory, the quality is
   	       unknown, you have been warned.

> >     sudo lsmod | grep dgnc
>
> Again, what messages?

Output:
	dgnc                   65536  0

> >     sudo rmmod ./dgnc
>
> Again, what happened?

No output. After *dmesg*, no more info in the ring buffer.

> >     sudo insmod ./dgnc.ko
>
> And here?

No output.

> > After I re-insmod the dgnc module, my laptop is breakdown.
>
> What does "breakdown" mean?  Did it hang entirely? Did you get a message
> in your dmesg output and/or on the console?  Other?

The GUI stop work and any key in my laptop is not work. The *Caps Lock lamp*
in the keyboard is flashing.