user rsyslog/syslog

Ran Shalit ranshalit at gmail.com
Wed Feb 24 02:36:54 EST 2016

Hello,

I am trying to write to rsyslog from application.
With openlog(..., LOG_USER), it works fine and I find the log in
/var/log/user.log (it is defines in /etc/rsyslog.d/50-defaults.conf )
But we need to enable different applications to have each its own log file.
I tried to use LOG_LOCAL0 instead and configured it in
/etc/rsyslog.d/50-defaults.conf the same way as user:

local0.* action
{
  type="omfile"
 FILE="/var/log/local0.log"
 FileOwner="root"
 FileGroup="adm"

}

I then did
1. /etc/init.d/rsyslog stop
2. /etc/init.d/rsyslog start
I see no warnings or errors, and I started the application trying to
write to LOG_LOCAL0, But there is no new file created, no logs.

Is there any idea whatws wrong, or how I can achieve this multi user's logs ?

Thank you,
Ran