Backtrace of every the threads

Valdis.Kletnieks at vt.edu Valdis.Kletnieks at vt.edu
Wed Feb 10 08:37:06 EST 2016

On Wed, 10 Feb 2016 11:56:40 +0100, Ricardo Ribalda Delgado said:
> I did not explain myself well.
>
> By thread I mean kernel thread, and user thread.
>
> What i want to get is a back trace of ALL the programs running in user
> and kernel space.

See what happens when you do 'echo t > /proc/sysrq-trigger'.

Note that you probably *don't* actually want a trace of *all* tasks (hint -
what happens on a large system that has 2,000 cores on it)?

What problem are you trying to solve by getting a trace of everything? (Hint -
what meaning does a userspace stack traceback have if you're looking at
the corresponding kernel stack trace?)