How to use spi device from another kernel module?

Ran Shalit ranshalit at gmail.com
Wed Dec 7 13:21:44 EST 2016

On Wed, Dec 7, 2016 at 7:26 PM, Ran Shalit <ranshalit at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Dec 7, 2016 at 6:58 PM, Joel Fernandes <agnel.joel at gmail.com> wrote:

Hi,

I did try using this method with the following call:

bus_for_each_dev(&spi_bus_type, NULL, NULL, spi_device_found);

static int spi_device_found(struct device *dev, void *data)
{
    struct spi_device *spi = container_of(dev, struct spi_device, dev);

    printk(":      %s %s %dkHz %d bits mode=0x%02X\n",
        spi->modalias, dev_name(dev), spi->max_speed_hz/1000,
        spi->bits_per_word, spi->mode);

    return 0;
}

But for some reason the list is empty, although I do have devices
registered successfuly with spi_register_driver.
Using the same method with i2c works well, not sure why it doesn't
list anything with spi.

Thanks,
Ran