How to control power of a device from sysfs ?

Ran Shalit ranshalit at gmail.com
Mon Dec 5 02:26:27 EST 2016

Hello,

I am trying to turn off screen using sysfs entries,
but I'm having some difficulties with it:

1.
command:
echo 0 > /sys/devices/platform/s5p-dsim.0/ea8061/backlight/panel/brightness
result:
screen is dimmed - BUT not turned off

2.
command:
cat
/sys/devices/platform/s5p-dsim.0/ea8061/backlight/panel/actual_brightness
20

This strengthen the fast that we didn't turned off brightness completely

3. In this point I though that maybe I can turn off the whole brightness
device

ls /sys/devices/platform/s5p-dsim.0/ea8061/backlight/panel/
                    actual_brightness
auto_brightness
bl_power
brightness
device
dimming
max_brightness
power
subsystem
type
uevent

I made some trials , but didn't made it turned off yet.
Is there any idea if it's possible to turn it off completely ?

Thank you,
Ran