[help] How to test kernel code that I wrote?

Louie Lu louie.lu at hopebaytech.com
Wed Aug 24 06:18:18 EDT 2016

Hi everyone,

I'm now reading *Unreliable Guide To Locking* which came from
kernelnewbies.org (https://kernelnewbies.org/Documents/Kernel-Docbooks)

What I want to do is trying run the code that in this doc from 7.1 All
In User Context.

In my knowing for kernel programming,
I'll need to compile the code to something like
`main.ko` then insert into kernel space using `insmod`.

Here is the GitHub that I'm doing PoC code:
https://github.com/grapherd/unreliable_guide_to_locking

My question is,
Is my knowing right?
and, how can I use the function in main.ko (e.g. cache_add).
I'm using these function by test.ko, is that a normal way to use it?

in this doc have mention, there have hardirq, softirq.
How can I test it from these irq method?

Thanks!
Louie Lu.